In the current landscape of digital marketing, one thing rings true no matter what industry you might be in – Google reigns supreme. Whether you are a fledgling restaurateur, a veteran dermatologist, or a hustler, running a versatile e-commerce store – Google should be your number one means of marketing and growing your business. At a top-flight digital marketing agency like Caymana Consulting, they use a number of Google’s vast array of business applicable tools to improve and grow your online presence. In addition, Caymana Consulting and their search engine optimization protocols, and strategies are almost exclusively directed at the Google search engine. A smart move, considering close to 80% of the world’s searches pass through Google – and many of the remaining 20% of searches are done by those who aren’t computer literate to begin with.
With Google’s amazing suite of business tools Caymana Consulting is able to integrate their own in-house software, as well as their own strategies into one easy-to-use, high-quality, affordable suite. One of the most important aspects of Google’s suite of apps is by far Google Analytics. Analytics in any capacity are a vital part of marketing, especially digital marketing. In order to truly gauge the success of marketing campaigns in a constantly evolving digital world, Google Analytics provides you a clear, user-friendly platform to view your traffic, and see what exactly is working, and when. In addition to seeing your traffic, you are able to divide it up into specific segments, and timeframes – meaning, you can see specifically what percentage of your traffic might be coming from organic SEO, paid advertisements, referrals, or direct consumer access. The ability for Google Analytics data to be split into timeframes allows an agency like Caymana Consulting to easily judge the success of recent campaigns, and directly see how they stack up to previous campaigns – directly showing you what percentage of growth your business is receiving. Some of the most important things you can see from your Google Analytics dashboard are:
· Detailed visitor data – including demographics, as well as the behavior of specific demographics, compared to your “typical” user.
· The path users take to go from their first action to conversion of a sale.
· Shifts, or patterns-in traffic – also the reasoning for such shifts.
· Current traffic compared to previous traffic.
· The success of sales funnels you have implemented, and much more!
While there is a ton of additional features, tips, and tricks associated with Google analytics – there are a number of important pieces of information one must know to get the most out of their marketing campaigns. Here are some vital things to know when using Google Analytics to grow your business.
• Use Audience Data to Segment Your Campaigns
At Caymana Consulting they use Google Analytics segmented data to created ad campaigns specific to certain areas, as well as demographics. Because certain aspects will engage certain demographics using Google Analytics you can specifically target those demographics based on previous success numbers. This ensures that you do not waste your marketing campaigns on those that don’t want to see them. Learn about creating custom segmented analysis through Google Analytics.
• Find Out What Your Top Converting Paths are and Focus on Those
In any business when things get to the nitty gritty and it might be time to go back to basics and go back to what works and ignore what doesn’t. For a company like Caymana Consulting when they see a business failing the one piece of advice they give to that business is to take a look at Google Analytics, and focus all your efforts on those paths that are converting sales at the highest rates, as well providing you the best rates on return. Be sure to check Google Analytics help desk to learn more about examining conversion paths.
• Compare Historical Traffic Trends
While current trends are important – historical data lets you see how you and your business are trending. Whether it’s up or its down – identifying patterns based on previous traffic can yield valuable insights into how traffic can change over time. One of the best ways to investigate this data is by using the Compare to Previous Period tool in the date range dialog box. Once you decide which data sets to examine, you are able to view them in an overlapping dialogue box. Be sure to check Google’s help area to learn how to better specify custom data ranges.
Google Analytics is one of the most valuable tools to marketing any business. A well established agency like Caymana Consulting will utilize these insights to truly learn how your business is trending, and analyze what works and what doesn’t to better equip campaigns for the future – for more information on digital marketing campaigns, be sure to contact Caymana Consulting today.